Thursday, August 8, 2013

#PunsonPuns

It’s been a long week for me guys.

I first want to apologize for not providing you with the laughs and giggles that I know you all love so much. As much of you know already, I had my surgery on Tuesday. Since then, I have felt very groggy and tired; I’m not sure if it is left over anesthesia or just the excessively strong pain meds I’m on, but nonetheless…I can’t seem to stay awake. Trust me though (says the guy who failed to keep his promise to provide happy Hump Days every week) when I say that I had every intention to post yesterday, but when I got home after work I sat on the couch and the next thing I know it’s 8:30pm. So (obviously) I did not post.

I’m sorry ok!

Life goes on however, and I’m glad to say that my medical condition is all cleared! I went through a simple 45 minute surgery and now I’m hobbling around (doped up on meds) with more pain than I started with: but I’m all clear! And because I feel so back about not giving you all a good laugh yesterday (although Big Holly was able to on Instagram), I’m moving my Hump Day post to today!

*cue cheering*

But, because today is Thursday, this is a special edition I like to call TIME-TURNER THURSDAY!! Get it? Because of Harry Potter… and Hermione’s time-turner…that takes them….back…in…time. 


NEVERMIND

This week’s giggles are brought on by the most obvious, but awkward jokes of all time: puns.

Enjoy!

  • I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
  • I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.
  • I'm glad I know sign language, it's pretty handy.
  • I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.
  • I used to have a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • There was a sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center that said 'Keep off the Grass'.
  • Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink.
  • When William joined the army he disliked the phrase 'fire at will'.
  • Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
  • I was going to look for my missing watch, but I could never find the time.
  • A new type of broom came out, it is sweeping the nation.
  • It's a lengthy article on Japanese Sword Fighters but I can Samurais it for you.
  • A cardboard belt would be a waist of paper.
  • I quit gymnastics because I was tired of hanging around the bars.
  • Never lie to an x-ray technician. They can see right through you. 

And my personal favorites:

    • It's not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn't have the balls to do it.
    • Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.

    Until Next Time,
    The Intern

    1 comment:

    1. glad your surgery went well and you are all cleared up!

      ReplyDelete