Monday, August 5, 2013

Feeling Good

Wanna hear the news?

You know that thing I told you about on that one day regarding those things only guys have? Yeah. Well, mine aren't as bad as I thought they would be!

I should've known WebMD was out to get me.


The doctor called me today and told me the good news: I have varicocele. I know that may not sound like good news to you (or even a real word) but that means not only am I cancer-free, but I get to keep ALL of my self. It truly puts my mind at rest knowing that I am in the clear of such a scary disease. However, this turmoil isn't over quite yet.

To clarify, varicocele is the widening of the veins along the spermatic cord. These nuisances cause blood to backup and flow improperly, eventually causing a lack of oxygen to reach the "boys of the south" then leading to infertility.

I'll take infertility over cancer and/or losing a piece of me any day.

The doctor informed me that the next step can go one of two ways: surgery or antibiotics. Either my condition is severe enough that a surgery (proceed with caution to video of surgery) is needed to redirect the blood flow and correct the condition. Or I can resolve my issue with simple antibiotics and good ole rest. But only time will tell.

An update will come soon as to what is decided: surgery or antibiotics?

Until Next Time,
The Intern

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Well I'm glad it's not cancer and that you get to keep the boys!! Can you try the meds first and if they don't work, then do surgery?

    xoxo
    Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to the doc today to see what's going down. But he said if the veins are too big or there is too much blood backed-up then the surgery is a must.

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear that it's not cancer! I am hoping for you that it isn't bad enough to warrant surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern! However, I was put into surgery on Tuesday and am now toughing through the pain.

      Delete